Grant Application Guidelines
The Foundation invites new organizations seeking support to make an informal inquiry before submitting a proposal. If you have submitted a proposal in the past, an inquiry letter is not necessary. Please direct all written grant inquiries and proposals to The Mark Elliott Motley Foundation, Inc., P.O. Box 1014, Charleston, SC 29402.
Qualified charities should make a proposal in letter form and include the following information:
- A description of the organization, it's purposes, programs, staffing and governing board.
- The organization’s latest financial statements, including latest interim and last annual statements.
- Evidence from the IRS of the organization’s tax-exempt status and that the applying organization itself is not a private foundation.
- The organization's latest filed Form 990.
- A description of the proposed project and full justification for it's funding, including a project budget and other funding sources of the project.
The Foundation's fiscal year is July 1 - June 30. The deadline to submit complete proposals will be March 31. The Foundation will contact applicants to confirm receipts of their proposals. Grants will be made in June.